Friday, January 29, 2010

Towing and Roadside Coverage for your RV

This is an area that I want to touch on because it seems that alot of my RV clients are either unsure if they have a Towing and Roadside plan, or if they do, are unsure if it will actually tow their RV, or think they have some coverage on their policy and don't.

I will explain what is offered by some of the companies that I represent.

Progressive has a nice towing and roadside plan. I get very few complaints, if any, about their service. If you have some stories to share, I would love to hear them because if I don't get complaints, I generally don't hear any of the good stuff either. The cost is about $40 per year and is available as a "sign and drive" service. It is available on auto, motorcycle, RV and Travel Trailer policies. The company provides a separate Towing and Roadside phone number for you to call.

National Interstate contracted with Continental Car Club for many years at a cost of $50 per year. I had more complaints than good comments on this service, but it varied from year to year depending on who the got the contract to service these clients as I believe Continental Car Club contracted with several independent services over the years. I am excited to report that National Interstate has chosen to contract with CoachNet now. Any exisisting Continental Car Club clients will automatically renew with the new CoachNet program at a cost of $65 per year. There is a Premier program available for $109 per year that provides the RV Technical Assistance Hotline with ASE, RVIA/RVDA and Master Certified Technicians on staff to help you over the phone or in person if necessary. Since this is a new program to National Interstate, I will be interested to see how it does.

GMAC offers towing on their auto and RV policies. I always found it confusing that the limit of coverage is $75 and the company was charging sometimes as high as $22 per year for it. I called my GMAC rep to question why so high for so little coverage? I was informed that GMAC will pay unlimited Towing and Roadside FOR THE RV ONLY on the policy. Any auto's will have the $75 maximum. This would be a reimbursement type of claim where you pay the bill and GMAC reimburses you with a copy of the receipt. You use their standard claims phone number to report the claim.

I know many RV clients use Good Sam RV Towing and Roadside and have good things to say about it. Several have AAA, but I have also heard that AAA will not tow an RV unless you have purchased a special higher priced program.

Hope that gives some useful info on what is available for Towing and Roadside. If you have comments about these programs or any that I may have missed, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you it is really very nice post I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality.really quality post

    ReplyDelete